Community-Police Information Network (C-PIN)
The purpose of the Community-Police Information Network (C-PIN) program is to create and maintain multiple lines of communication between the Arlington Heights Police Department and our residents and members of the business community. C-PIN will provide enhanced opportunities for relevant and timely two-way communication with subscribers through CitizenObserver and Twitter.
You can start receiving everything that C-PIN has to offer by taking the following steps:
- Select a neighborhood or business representative.
- Have the representative contact Crime Prevention Officer (CPO) Doug Hajek at 847-368-5330 or email@example.com to exchange information.
- CPO Hajek will send information concerning CitizenObserver and Twitter.
- Your neighborhood or business representative will forward the above information to group members and encourage them to sign up.
- The representative will contact CPO Hajek if any additional information is needed regarding crime statistics, information concerning police presence in the neighborhood, specific crime prevention materials or any other informational needs.
The CitizenObserver Alert Network is provided by the Arlington Heights Police Department and Crime Stoppers of Arlington Heights. The CitizenObserver Alert Network allows the Police Department to instantly update you about crimes, emergencies and other important information.
- Sign up to receive Crime and Citizen Alerts.
- The Arlington Heights Twitter page "ArlHtsPOLICE" automatically posts all the CitizenObserver alerts. While this is a duplication of information it allows those who already use Twitter to receive alerts.
- For more information, visit CitizenObserver.
All alerts are delivered via e-mail and are also available via text message on your cell phon
- Citizen Alerts
Inform all registered users of public safety concerns in Arlington Heights. The alerts contain information about crime trends, as well as advice on personal and home safety.
- Crime Alerts
Allow law enforcement to automatically disseminate information about recent crimes and active investigations to all registered Citizen Observer users.
- Scam Alerts
Warn users to be aware of a variety of old and new scams aimed at seniors and other high risk groups.
- Event Alerts
Inform residents about upcoming events which may cause traffic and parking issues.
- Hot Crime Maps
Show the locations of the more serious crimes occurring each week in Arlington Heights. View the maps in our Document Center.
View or print the following Safety handouts located in the Document Center
- Bullying Awareness
- Charity Fraud
- Diversion Burglary
- Halloween Safety
- Holiday Shopping
- ID Theft
- Internet Safety
- PayPal & Email Scams
- Pedestrian Safety
- Personal Safety
- Residence Protection-Vacation Tips
- Residential Burglary
- Solicitor Information
- Stranger Danger
- Vehicle Burglary
NOTE: C-PIN is not a replacement for 911! 911 should be called to report crimes, suspicious activity or when immediate police response is needed.
Visit our Helpful Resources
page for other informational websites.