News from the Village of Arlington Heights
Frontier Days Festival, July 4 - July 8
June 4, 2012
The annual Frontier Days Festival returns to Recreation Park, 500 E. Miner, on July 4. The Festival is planned by a not-for-profit organization of hundreds of volunteers!
kicks off with the Parade at 10 a.m.. The theme this year is "Celebrating Arlington Heights - 125 years." The parade route is Oakton to Dunton, Dunton to Miner to Recreation Park. Please respect the residents living along the parade route and do not reserve spaces along the parkway until 7 p.m. on July 3.
Don't miss the Racing, Music and Spectacular Fireworks Show at Arlington Park. Fireworks begin at nightfall. To check on admission information, visit www.arlingtonpark.com
Main Stage Entertainment:
- Wednesday, July 4, 8 p.m., Burton Cummings...the unique voice of th Guess Who. Sponsored by Daily Herald and Frontier Days.
- Thursday, July 5, 8 p.m., Foghat...the British rockers Foghat have five gold records. Sponsored by Village Bank & Trust and Frontier Days.
- Friday, July 6, 8 p.m., Charlie Daniels Band...performing their blockbuster hits.Sponsored by City Beverage and Frontier Days.
- Saturday, July 7, 8 p.m., Tonic...with top 10 singles and over 4 million records sold. Sponsored by Renewal by Andersen and Frontier Days.
- Sunday, July 8, 7:30 p.m., American English...a Beatles tribute band. Sponsored by Service Sanitation and Frontier Days.
Each day of The Festival is packed with family entertainment, contests, food, music, carnival rides, games and much more! Check it out at www.frontierdays.org