Celebrate Mane Event on Friday, August 7 in Downtown
July 16, 2009
Mane Event “Million Dollar Block Party,” August 7 It’s not often you get an opportunity like the Mane Event on August 7 to spend a Summer night in Downtown Arlington Heights enjoying ‘80s music of “Libido Funk Circus,” or taking the kids for a pony ride, participating in a pony race or filling up on great food and drink from our local restaurants!
There are a million reasons to participate in the Mane Event, Friday, August 7, from 5 –10:30 p.m. in Downtown Arlington Heights at the corner of Vail Avenue and Campbell Street.
The Mane Event “Million Dollar Block Party,” sponsored by the Arlington Heights Special Events Commission and Arlington Park Racetrack is an-end-of-Summer community street festival that celebrates Arlington Park’s showcase race, the “Arlington Million” that will be held on Saturday, August 8.
There are a million ways to celebrate this event including:
• A Business Expo organized by the Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce that will showcase many area businesses and organizations as well as great food from local restaurants!
• Pony Rides, Jump House, balloon twisters and the Pony Racer game on Campbell Street for the kids.
• 4:30 -5:10 p.m., Franco Campanella plays on stage on stage at Harmony Park, Vail Avenue and Campbell Street. He is the son of Phil and Regina Campanella from Regina’s Restaurant in Downtown.
• 5:30 – 6 p.m. Metropolis Rock Band
• 6:7:15 p.m., Metropolis Youth Symphony
• 8 – 10:30 p.m., Libido Funk Circus, playing mega-hits of the ‘80s and adding a great party atmosphere that all ages will enjoy.
Don’t miss out on this great time. Bring your lawn chairs and save a seat on Friday in Harmony Park, Vail and Campbell, for the featured concerts, fun and activities at Harmony Park!