This information provides you with easy access to finding the contact information you need for setting up accounts, reporting concerns, or making a change in service.

Cable TV, Internet & Phone Providers
Arlington Heights accommodates multiple Cable TV, Internet and Phone providers:

Commonwealth Edison Electric

To establish electric service with Commonwealth Edison, please call 800.Edison1 or sign-up online at ComEd.

Reporting Downed Power Lines
If you see downed power lines, leave the area immediately and then call ComEd at 800.Edison1 (800.334.7661). Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  

Reporting An Outage
It has never been easier to report a ComEd outage! ComEd's Outage Alerts program allows participants to report outages via text messaging. Become a subscriber to ComEd's Outage Alerts program and text "OUT" to 26633 (COMED) to report an outage at the location that ComEd has associated with your cell phone number. You will also receive regular updates on the status of the outage until service is restored. 

To subscribe, have your ComEd account number, the account holder's social security number or the primary phone number for the account. Non-subscribers who text "OUT" to 26633 will be invited to subscribe to ComEd's Outage Alerts program. New subscribers will receive a confirmation text message that they have successfully subscribed, and they will immediately be enrolled to receive notifications on their cell phones or pagers when an outage has been reported at their address. Subscribers to the mobile alert program will not be charged any additional fees for the alert service, although messaging and data rates may apply based on your carrier. 

Outages can also be reported to ComEd by calling 1-800-Edison-1 or 1-800-334-7661.

Nicor Gas

To establish gas service with Nicor, please call 888.642.6748 or sign-up online at Nicor.  For leaks, odors & emergencies, call 911 or 888.Nicor4U (888.642.6748) immediately.  

Underground Utility Locating | JULIE

Call BEFORE you dig! Before digging anywhere around your property, please call J.U.L.I.E. This will bring out all of the utility companies to mark the location of any buried lines. If you dig and wind up cutting any buried lines, it could cost you big money or even your life. 

Call 800 892.0123 or call 811.

Illinois law requires all persons digging, regardless of the depth of the project, to call JULIE at least 48 hours prior to the start of excavation and to begin that excavation. The Village receives locate requests from the Illinois JULIE (Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators), who can be contacted at 800.892.0123, by dialing 811, or via their website. The Village responds to locate requests within 48 business hours for routine excavations, and within 2 hours for emergency excavations. 

Colored Flags & Paint Markers
What do the colored flags and/or paint marks on the ground and in the yard mean? The marks are made by utility companies to identify the location of their underground facilities with paint and/or flags at the excavation site. These marks are placed in response to a request for utility locates before digging begins.

  • Water - - Blue
  • Sanitary Sewer - - Green
  • Storm Sewer - - Green
  • Street Light Cables - - Red
  • Fiber Optic Cables - - Orange 

Individual companies locate the following utilities: 

  • Nicor Natural Gas - - Yellow
  • ComEd Electric - - Red
  • Telephone/Cable TV - - Orange
Water Service

To establish water service, call the Village of Arlington Heights' Water Billing Department at 847.368.5520. As of January 1, 2019, the rate charged for the Lake Michigan water and related sewer service is $8.04 per 1,000 gallons, and you will be billed once every two months for the service. When setting up your service, be sure to inquire about the Automatic Billing Payment program. The Village has converted to an electronic water meter reading system. Only the inside meter attached to the water supply measures and records water consumption. Outside registers should be disregarded and can be removed by the homeowner.