Human Resources includes recruiting, benefits, wellness, class and compensation, risk management, labor and employee relations, compliance, staff development and performance management with the goal of acquiring and retaining excellent staff to advance the Village’s overall strategic goals. The Department also provides responsive customer service to all employees of the organization.
- Administering the Village’s personnel policies and procedures
- Management of employee recruitment, testing and selection
- Maintenance of classification and pay plans
- Management of employee benefit and risk programs, including the workers’ compensation program.
- Overseeing employee benefit programs
- Medical and life insurance, wellness programs
- Pension programs
- Unemployment compensation
- Deferred income programs
- Vacation and sick leave
- Longevity and holiday pay programs
- Overseeing collective bargaining activities with employee unions and associations.